PORTE-COCHÈRE co-founder Ann Shriver Sargent joined a number of industry influencers and masters at the first Business of Luxury Design (BOLD) Summit to speak about her research and insight on billing models and pricing on product procurement – a topic at the root of PORTE-COCHÈRE! This was the first year of the BOLD Summit, formerly David Shepherd’s Business of Design Conference (BoD), the event was hosted by its new owner Julia Molloy of Molloy Management Group August 28th & 29th at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas.
The premier BOLD Summit consisted of many interesting panel discussions and the following five highlights!
- BOLD Masters Award’s were bestowed upon four uniquely inspiring individuals in honor of their authenticity and contribution to design. These four industry leaders have their pulse on the future and shared a variety of insights with the conference attendees. Mario Buatta’s career speaks for itself, but when he speaks it is intimate and hilarious, what a great sense of humor! Cloughda is all inspiration and sole and a generous and kind speaker. Richard Landry shared his philosophy of teamwork that has elevated his firm to be among the top residential architectural firms in the world. And last but certainly not least Vicente Wolf embodied the importance of the designers’ point of view – he has one and has cleaved to it with great success!
- Lance Haeberle of Studio Webware previewed the tools already available and under development with his online accounting and project management tool that will continue to streamline the professional interior design office.
- Crans Baldwin CEO/President of Edward Ferrell + Lewis Mittman who has been all over the United States speaking shared his insights on design firms who are delivering a variety of services that respond to the current market with great success!
- Mike Peterson of Luxe Magazine complemented The Home Trust’s Chris Ramey’s presentation on who the luxury client is today and how to appeal to their sensibilities.
- A particularly useful presentation on the importance of understanding the impact of entity on earnings, taxes and benefits in the short and long term was delivered by David B. Mandell of OJM Group.
An overall inspiring event we are already looking forward to BOLD Summit 2015!