In today’s world of online content videos are an exceptional marketing tool to stand out, tell your story and help your customers better understand your brand, product, or service! One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words!
The best videos create an instant emotional connection to your brand – expansive shots, alluring colors, detail closeups, and captivating music all come together to portray your story and demand the undivided attention of your audience.
Storytelling is a powerful technique for building relationships and trust, and designers love looking at beautiful things. Take them on a visual and auditory journey and they are sure to try to work your products/services into their next project! Videos are also a great tool for designers to share with their clients and help them fall in love with your brand too.
Although videos can be made with relatively low uptake, if you want to truly portray a high-end brand status your video must capture your story with a high-end aesthetic. Here are some tips for creating and optimizing your own videos along with a few examples of some videos we think do an excellent job.
Things to Consider:
Do you want your video to?
- Provide useful or interesting information
5 Tips to Optimize Your Video:
- Make your title count: A descriptive video title can pull powerful traffic – use fitting keywords and you are more likely to show up on search engines.
- Provide excellent content:
- Showcase your knowledge and skill – position yourself as an expert at what you do.
- Always consider the audience you are trying to reach and ensure the video is relevant to them.
- Tell stories of satisfied customers. Show off who they are and how you helped them.
- Don’t make a sales pitch – viewers want to be entertained or educated, not sold.
- Keep it short and to the point: You want your customers to be able to easily digest your story and get through the whole thing. Most people lose interest after 90-180 seconds.
- Have a Call to Action: Include your URL in your video; invite them to contact you; encourage them to give you their name and email in exchange for something you will give them (see more on this in #4: Grow your list via the link below).
- Make it easy to find and share: Promote your video across multiple channels – put it on your site, post it on social media, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Answer questions
- Do a product review
- Grow your list
- Talk about your case studies and results
- Tell a story
- Debunk myths
- Take your viewers behind the scenes
- Ask questions and answer them
- Additional video opportunities
A few videos we think are great!
For more examples of some of our favorites visit our Video Gallery!
Why we like this? Great title, good length, includes website at end, gives an overall peak into the Baker brand and the handmade quality of their pieces.
Timelapses are an excellent way to portray the vast amount of work that it takes to create a truly exquisite product – after watching this you know why Urban Electric designs adorn a high price tag and feel confident they are made to last!
Great title, wonderful attention to detail, the music and shots make you feel like you are being taken on a journey. Would we expect anything less of Fendi?
Good descriptive title, creates an excellent emotional connection to the brand’s story!
Wonderful portrayal of the Baccarat brand and its high-end aesthetic!